Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our crazy busy summer!!

I can't believe it is July already. Why does the summer go by so quickly and the winter moves at a snails pace??? So I need to update you on the last 2 weeks in the Johnson's life.

First the best part of the last two weeks was the surprise visit from Lynn and Colt. It was not a surprise to me because I picked them up at the airport but Brad and Donna were VERY surprised when Lynn walked through the door carrying baby Colt. It was Colt's first Iowa visit and the first time to meet grandpa Brad. We enjoyed having them around for a few days.


Lynn and Colt

Our super cute nephew

The Johnson Family - Ben, Lynn, Brad, Ryan, Donna and Colt

Donna, Ryan, Lynn, Colt and Great Grandma VirginiaGreat Great Aunt Cina and the boys

We have had playdate after playdate after playdate plus some swimming. We have some wonderful friends that Ryan and I both love spending time with.

Treyton and Cainan House
AJ, Treyton, Ryan, Aiden, Cainan, Natalie and Jack

Aiden and Ryan

Katelyn and Ian's House
Katelyn, Natalie, Aiden, Ryan and Mason

Chance, Carson and Caden's House
How many kids can you fit into a baby pool??

Strawberry Picking at the Berry Patch
This is one our favorite things to do!!

Mason and Ryan

Aiden, Ryan and Natalie after strawberry pickin'

We took our strawberries to grandma's and made strawberry shortcake for everyone to enjoy

Splash Park

Cole, Treyton, Ryan and Cainan swinging

We have done a lot of swimming this summer. Ryan is a little fish. He is very good in the water. He hasn't worn floaties at all this summer and doesn't even like to be in the baby pools. He only wants to be in the deep water.


4th of July!! We had an awesome day. We went to a parade in Ames with the Travis'. Ryan had fun collecting lots of candy. He had to push his way through the older kids that were around us. They were candy hogs. Ryan still got his fair share of candy though. I think Ryan was most intrigued by the tractors and the drum corp.

Treyton, Cainan and Ryan Hi-Five Cy
A much needed cool down.
Drum Corp We went to see the big fireworks display in Ames when it got dark out. This is the first time that I have taken Ryan is see a fireworks display. He really enjoyed it. He did get a little antsy after about 20 minutes but then he was amazed by the grand finale. Ben left on his annual fishing trip so Brad and Donna went with us to see fireworks.

Grandpa started out helping Ryan with the sparklers. He caught on real quick
Watching fireworks

I have been able to do a few fun things by myself (without Ryan and Ben) during the last two weeks. Jenn and I went to the Home Show in Ankeny. We walked through 11 fancy houses ranging in price from $260k to $900k. The weird part was I wasn't even envious. All I kept thinking was, "I don't want a huge house like this because it is way to much to clean!" Jenn made the point that if I could afford a $900k house then I could afford to hire a cleaning lady. I guess she is right.

I also took a two day photography class through DMACC. I don't know if I really learned a lot about picture taking in general but I learned about several settings and functions that my camera is capable of. Now I just have to become faster at knowing when to use the different functions. Practice makes perfect, right. As if I didn't take a lot of photos before the SRL camera. I think I have 400+ photos in my June 2008 picture folder on the computer...YIKES! You might think I post a lot of photos on this blog but it could be much much worse.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hear you on the pictures! Every time we empty the camera on to the computer there is at least 100 photos, usually more!!

What time did you guys go to the splash park?! It's completely empty!! Adam is off work next week so I'm hoping he'll want to go. I'm too nervous to venture there with both girls by myself this summer!

Anna said...

I think it is great you take so many pictures - you always end up catching the moment and get great pictures (that you can then share with me :) When you have an extra minute I'd love a copy of the picnic table pic, the parade one of the 3 boys, and the one of them on the swings. I still have a lot of open spots in the frame I am putting together for the playroom.

Your fireworks pictures turned out much better than mine. I couldn't remember the settings from class (even after you reminded me).

Anna

The Nikkels said...

LOVE all the photos!!! I'm so behind in the last two weeks, that I just uploaded 500+ photos just from that time frame. i'm sure I won't be blogging about any of it any time soon, as time seems to be something i don't have much of lately!! looks like you all had a great couple weeks and love your fireworks photos.. like anna, mine didn't turn out either! ryan is so photogenic!!