Friday, August 21, 2009

First Day of School

WAH WAH! My baby started Kindergarten this week. How in the world can he be old enough for K??

Wednesday - we went to the school and visited his classroom, meet his teacher and took Ry on a little tour. That visit really helped Ry with his nerves.





Thursday - I woke Ryan up at 7am. He was pumped about getting on the bus. I was NOT pumped about the bus situation. I was most nervous about the bus to classroom transition. I wanted to drive him to school or follow the bus so bad. I knew he needed to do this on his own plus Ben wouldn't have let me take him. Guess what?? He made it to school! He really liked it too. He said his favorite part of the day was recess. **Oh geez, that is shocking** So he leaves the house at 7:40 and get home at 4:15. That is a long day for a little guy. He was pretty tired.


Jake wanted to go to school with Ryan


My baby is leaving and he didn't even wave goodbye to me

Today - Again, woke him up at 7am. He jumped out of bed and headed downstairs. He was ready to go to school. He asked me probably 5 times, "is it time for the bus to come?" So day #2 was a success also.

I get to go eat lunch with him on Monday. They asked a few parents to join the kids during lunch to help them in the lunch line and dump their trays after lunch. So it is my turn on Monday. I am looking forward to visiting his class. On Tuesday we are going to parents night.

Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do now that Ryan is in school all day. Well yesterday and today I worked on last minute adoption documents that needed to go to Russia this weekend. That took up most of my time. I will eventually go back to work but not until we get Veronika home, in school and somewhat adjusted. I may do some part time work in the mean time if something comes along. I have lots of little projects to work on until Veronika comes home - painting the pump house and garage, decorating and organizing Veronika's bedroom, finish some scrapbooking, getting all my photos albums up to date, stuff like that. AND I am going to volunteer in Ryan's classroom as much as possible.

It was a big week at our house. Looking forward to the weekend. Our weekends are going to be even more important to us now that Ry is in school. Quality family time! I miss him so much during the day. Yes, I cried a couple times. At least Ryan is enjoying kindergarten as far, that makes it easier on me.

2 comments:

jmason said...

I am so not looking forward to Monday when Brennan starts! I'm glad you made it through the first week! I'm scared to death of putting Brennan on the bus so I'm driving him again this year.

The Bracius Family said...

Wow!!! Can't believe that he is in school already! I hope that you guys are all doing well...miss seeing you guys!