Monday, October 1, 2007

First Day of Preschool

Last March was the appropriate time to get signed up for preschool but I felt Ryan was not ready for preschool so I didn't sign him up. Ryan's birthday is only 15 days from the age limit cutoff for preschool. So he will either be the youngest in his class or the oldest in his class. That is a hard decision for us to make. There are many pros and cons of both. I feel he is physically and academically ready but not ready on the maturity level. Well August rolled around and I felt Ryan was more ready for the preschool experience then I expected. So I gave the preschool in Story City a call to see if he could possibly enroll for the fall. The preschool was full but she put Ryan on the waiting list. We got a call from the preschool teacher last Wednesday. There is a spot open and Ryan can have the spot if we wanted it. Obviously, we agreed to give it a try.
This morning, I took Ryan to his first day of preschool. He did not want to go. He started crying the minute we got into the vehicle. I ended up staying at preschool for an hour then finally just gave Ryan to the teacher and walked out. He was crying but like always he stopped within a minute or two. It is tough being a mom. It broke my heart to leave when he was crying. When I picked him up, the teacher said he was fine! WHEW! He says he had fun and wants to go back so hopefully Wednesday will be easier. I am sure the dropoff will get better and better each time we go. He is definitely the youngest but was able to participate in all the academic activities with the older kids. I was very happy to see that. I think this is going to be a great learning experience for Ryan. He is such a big boy and I am so proud of him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for Ryan!