Friday, January 18, 2008

A couple little stories from the week

A DISGUSTING STORY!
A week ago, Ryan and I stopped at Panera Bread for a late lunch. I had just gotten Ryan's coat so we could leave, I turned around to throw our trash away and I heard Ryan say with a quiver in his voice, "mama, mama, MAMA!" I turned around to this freaky, weird, sicko middle aged man laughing with his arm reached out to Ryan. In his hand were his TEETH (dentures). The man looks at me, still laughing and says, "I think I scared him." Then says to Ryan, "Do you want to touch them?"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I just about died. I stood there in shock then grabbed Ryan and headed straight out the door. I didn't say a word to this guy because I was so shocked but now I can think of a million things I should have said. Ryan was very confused and asked me a whole series of questions once we got in the Tahoe. I did take the opportunity to stress how important it is to take care of your teeth.

A CUTE STORY
Ben was home Thursday morning because of the bad weather so Ryan was begging Ben to take him to grandma and grandpa's. It was still pretty early in the morning so Ben used the excuse, "You aren't dressed yet. You can't go over there in your jammies." Ryan disappears to his bedroom. He comes downstairs 5 minutes later, completely dressed! He picked out his own clothes and dressed himself. Ryan's comment to me was, "I picked out a cool shirt, cool pants and they match." Ben and I were both laughing. The socks were a different story. They didn't match at all. I let him wear them anyway because he was so proud of himself. So Ben HAD to take him to grandpa's now and he did. Ryan would do just about anything if it meant that he gets to go to grandma and grandpa's house. Good for mom to know that Ryan CAN get dressed by himself if he really wants too. Here is the outfit...
We try and get fresh air everyday even if it 0 degrees out. BBBRRRR! I didn't stay outside very long but Ryan survived for about 15 minutes. We were just walking from the Tahoe to the house but Ryan decided to stay outside so that is why he isn't bundled up very well. Wasn't expecting him to WANT to be outside in the freezing cold.


Playing at our friends house today.


Our wild child, Little Miss Libby. She looks cute but don't let her fool ya.

1 comment:

jmason said...

Okay...the denture story is just gross! Who does that?? yuck!