Friday, February 1, 2008

A whole lot of nothing

Ever felt like you are so busy but when you think about it you ask yourself, "what is it that we have been busy doing?" I guess we are just busy enjoying what life has to offer.

Last night I went with a little group of my mom friends to eat Thai food for the first time. LOVED IT! All four of us ordered something different then we shared. I like Chinese cuisine so I was sure that I would like Thai. I actually liked it more then Chinese. The restuarant we went to is called The Spice in downtown Ames. I won't be eating there very often though. Ben and Ryan would not like it. Our group of moms goes out on the last Thursday of every month so I hoping that we can go there again along with trying other unique places that my boys would not appreciate as much as myself.

This morning Ryan and I went swimming at a friends house. Yes, they have a heated indoor pool. And very generous to let us come and enjoy some nice warm swimming in the middle of winter! After swimming the kids played a little bit then made pretzels. Ryan must of thought his pretzel tasted pretty good because he got sassy when I wanted to taste a little piece. He usually is willing to share me but NOT that pretzel. We had a great time.

Swimming

Making pretzels

Final product Our friend, Julia eating her pretzel. She's so cute. I love her hair.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am going to spend the day scrapbooking at a friends house tomorrow. I haven't been able to scrapbook much lately so I am looking forward to it. I always feel a little guilty for leaving Ryan all day but I remind myself that it is good for Ryan and dad to have one-on-one time (grandma and grandpa are usually involved in that one-on-one time). It's good for mom to get a break from "mommy mode" once in awhile too. Everyone comes back refreshed!

No comments: