Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ryan's Bedroom

Ry's room has been done for a couple weeks but I hadn't taken any pictures. He really likes it and I am happy with it also. I bought all the bedding, valances, shades, lantern lamp at Target. Two of the animal heads Ryan received at a gift from Aunt Lynn and the bear rug from Aunt Katie. All the other wildlife are things that Donna, Ben and I have collected on vacations or trips. I took the bedding to Lowe's and had them color match the paint to the bedding. I was going to put up a chair rail but it just wouldn't have looked right to have a modern chair rail with 100 year old base boards so I painted and stenciled a border. The bed itself is also new. I really enjoyed creating this room.


I took this picture tonight. Too cute! I wanted to show everyone the sheets. The whole room was inspired by these sheets. I saw them at Target one day which led to my bright idea to redecorate Ry's room.
I found this light switch cover online. Perfect match! I also bought outlet covers.

2 comments:

jmason said...

That looks great!! I love the look of the whole room...very cozy!

Airna said...

This is just too cute! Looks like it should be featured in Pottery Barn catalog or something!