Friday, February 22, 2008

Half Birthday!

Now a days, if you have a summer birthday the school celebrates your half birthday. So Ryan celebrated his 3.5 birthday last Wednesday. I loved celebrating with Ryan and all his little preschool friends. Ryan got a birthday badge for the day, they all sang Happy Birthday, birthday hugs, he took little birthday treat bags for everyone, and he got to be the special helper for the day. He had a really great day at preschool.

Since I was at preschool, I was able to observe him in his element. His teacher was reviewing the letters P, Q, R, and S. She would hold up a letter and the class would shout out which letter it was. Ryan would shout it before everyone else, almost every time. He knows the whole alphabet, out of order, but I was shocked at how quickly he recognized each letter. It's not a competition but he is a smart little stinker. GREAT! I am so proud of him. He is learning so much! The best part of it is that his teacher makes learning fun. Now, I truely understand why Ryan likes preschool so much.
Ryan blowing out the "candles"

Learning to form an S
Ryan and his good friend Jillian writing the letter S

No comments: