Monday, June 16, 2008

Our ideal weekend!

Camping and boating is my favorite way spend a weekend. We don't do it nearly enough.
Last weekend we went camping at Honey Creek State Park on Lake Rathbun with some of my friends. Yes, the lake level was pretty high but still safe to be on with very little debris. We went intertubing behind the boat. We haven't gone tubing since Ryan was born. All the adults had fun but the kids were not as thrilled. Ryan didn't like it. The water was pretty rough so we had a bumpy ride, his head was really jerking around. We hope to take him on a day when the water is calm and we are getting a different inflatable that is more suitable for younger kids in hopes to create a more positive experience for him. The adults had some pretty sore muscle on Sunday after tubing. I used some muscles that I obviously don't use very often. I am feeling better today though.

Ryan and Mom

Ben giving it a whirl

Ben got to do what he loves to do.. cooking over a fire pit. We had pork chops and baked beans on Friday night. Then on Saturday night he made homemade pizza in the dutch oven. It didn't turn out as well as expected but I think it still tasted good.

Ryan loved the beach, riding his bike on a paved surface (don't have that on the farm), sleeping in a tent, playing with the other kids, boating and just being outside for two days straight. We had almost perfect weather, a little windy but the temps were great and NO RAIN! We are already planning more camping trips for the summer.

Aiden and Ryan in the water at the beach

I think the beach was his favorite parttired boy This is how Ryan and Aiden spent the weekend - chasing each other Aiden, Natalie and Ryan Treyton(2.5), Ryan, Cainan(22 months), Natalie(5), Aiden(3.5) and Aubrey(1) The only bad part of the weekend was that I ruined my cell phone. I put it in my swim shorts because I was hoping for a call from Anna. Forgetting that is was in my pocket, I went tubing! The phone is a goner and I lost all the phone numbers : ( Ben's comment was, "you never have your cell phone on you so the one time that you do, you jump in the water??" Just my luck!

2 comments:

Lee, Chrissy, & Brody said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend!! :)

Anna said...

Leslie - I would LOVE if you could email me a group photo at the picnic table. I saw you lost your numbers... I will email you my cell number so you can program it in your NEW phone. I did call by the way... I left you a message...