Monday, September 8, 2008

Birthday Party and more

One last birthday celebration for Ryan. Last year I told myself no big party next year but I couldn't resist. After going to several birthday parties this summer, Ryan was begging for a friends party. "My friends have to come to my party," says Ryan. Ok, ok, ok!
So the party was last Saturday at The Playground for Kids (picked by Ry). We invited 15 of Ryan's closest friends and their families. I think everyone had a blast, at least Ryan did. Thanks to everyone who helped Ryan celebrate his 4th birthday.
This picture of Aiden pretty much sums up the effect of the party on all the kids - Hot, sweaty and tired. Good clean fun!

On to SOCCER! Ryan's first organized sport. He is playing in a neighboring towns baby booters league. Story City does not offer sports to kids under the age of 5 (kind of silly in my opinion). He had his first practice on Sunday night and it was very successful. Ryan did a great job. The big game was tonight. The kids were a little confused on how to go about playing another team which was to be expected. At practice Ryan was stealing the ball and making goals but it was more difficult for him when a competing team was added. I am sure he will get the hang of it with more experience plus he is only 4. We went out to eat after the game and Ryan was crabby. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I want to play soccer some more!"

Ryan was one of the first four players to start the game This picture isn't in focus but I wanted to show you Ry's game face!


No comments: