Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Girls shopping weekend

That's right, we took a shopping trip to Minneapolis last weekend. It was nice little getaway. We shopped all day on Saturday at Mall of America. It was packed with people. I had been there one other time about 10 or 11 years ago. It seemed MUCH bigger this time. I got my exercise for the day (maybe even the whole weekend). On Sunday we went downtown Minneapolis. It is a really neat downtown, cute little shops and big stores too. I wish it had been warmer so we could have walked around more. A blustery 14 degrees was not the ideal temperature to be walking around outside. Saw my first two story Target. We didn't shop there though, we had other stores to get too. We spent over 2 hours in Barnes & Noble. Yes, we could have went to B&N in Des Moines but didn't have kids so we advantage of it. We got to sip on cappuccino and casually look at all the different books. Anyone who has kids knows how nice that was. Headed home Sunday afternoon, the trip was much to short. I did get a bunch of Christmas shopping done.

Maddy was the only kid that got to go with us. She is already the perfect little shopper. She didn't cry or fuss AT ALL while we were shopping. She loved it. I wasn't surprised because she is the happiest most content baby I have ever seen.
I would love to take a family trip up there some weekend. We saw so many things that are family friendly. The mall had an aquarium, amusement park and a rainforest cafe. Also in the area is a zoo and children's museum. Plus we saw a hotel that had a HUGE indoor waterpark.

This was the first time I have left Ben and Ryan at home overnight alone. They did just fine without me (I knew they would) and I even think they had FUN drinking coke, eating in the living room and not taking their shoes off at the door. Those are all things that mama doesn't let Ryan do. Hey, it's okay once in a while, right???

All in all, I had a great weekend. I hope to make it a tradition every year at Christmas time!


No comments: