Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another fun-filled weekend

Wonder what we did??
CHUCK E CHEESE - Whoppeee!! Saturday was my nephew, Myles, 5th birthday so Ry and I headed to Cedar Rapids to help him celebrate. And what better place to celebrate then Chuck E Cheese. Ryan had 3 hours of fun playing games, eating pizza and cake, and trying to get as many tickets as possible. We haven't made it make to Washington since May so it was nice to see my family too.
Myles, the birthday boy
Ry playing games
Ryan loves air hockey so he talked Uncle Alex into playing

We are going to be in CO for Ry's birthday next week so Grandpa Randy and Grandma Mardi gave him an early birthday present. He really wanted a tractor with a loader on it!

Ben did not get the pleasure playing at Chuck E Cheese because he was near Chicago buying his new boat! It is a 2005 Tracker. It has a 115 horse Mercury motor with a kicker motor and many bells and whistles. This boat is much bigger and nicer then our old fishing boat. We were always in each other way in the old boat. Of course we went fishing today! First we went to Little Wall Lake to test out the speed of the boat then went to Brushy Creek (no wake lake) to fish. We probably caught 15 bluegills today. We kept 8 and had a fish fry for supper!



I accomplished something that I am pretty proud of while we were out on the water. I put the boat on the trailer all by myself. I know, sounds easy, but it really is kind of difficult. We have been pulling the boats (both the ski boat and fishing boat) out of the water for many years but Ben has always backed the truck down the ramp (I am not the greatest at backing the trailer up) while I stayed in the boat and held onto the dock. Then he would get out of the truck and get into the boat to put it on the trailer. Well, today he said, "you have got to learn how to put the boat on the trailer." I DID IT on the first try! No problem. Yay for me.

Grandpa Brad got a new toy this weekend too! A 2009 Polaris Ranger. It is pretty nice. We were able to check it out today before we went fishing. I am sure it will come in handy around the farm. I can't believe they didn't have a 4-wheeler before now. I don't know what we would do without ours.

2 comments:

Airna said...

We ended up going to little wall that Sunday too but we didn't go until after noon. It was a beautiful day for boating! Have fun in CO and have a safe trip!

The Nikkels said...

awesome boat and pics!! they are gonna love that ranger.. and ryan is too!! my parents have an older one, but Mason loves that thing!! i actually like driving it too!!! they've got the four wheelers also, but nothing compares to the ride you will have in that thing..the shocks are so much better then my van!!! ENJOY