Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Special Day

Happy 4th
Birthday, Ryan!!

My baby turned 4 years old today. I can't believe it has been 4 years. WOW! Time flies.

Ryan had a great birthday. We are celebrating his birthday in Colorado. Today we woke up in a resort in the mountains and went swimming. Once we got back to Aunt Lynn and Uncle Michael's house, Ryan got to pick his birthday meal. He chose hot dogs, watermelon and broccoli so that is what we had. Aunt Lynn and Grandma made the most awesome cake. Then we opened many many presents. It was like Christmas not a birthday. I will add more details when I post a blog about our trip which won't be until next week.

Ryan thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes and birthday phone calls.

I asked Ryan a few questions to document his thoughts on his 4th birthday...

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Food: Macaroni and Cheese

Favorite place to play: Betty's house (our neighbor)

Favorite song: International Harvester

Favorite movie or cartoon: Polar Express

Favorite toy: His new plow he got for his birthday

Favorite flavor of cake: Lemon

Check out the inside of that cake!! AWESOME!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy, birthday Ryan! It's been awhile and the time keeps on flying by for us. We hope you guys continue to have a safe and fun trip. Love the cake!!! I might have to steal that beautiful idea! ;)

The Nikkels said...

Hope you had a GREAT day saturday ryan!! from the looks of the cake and the presents, i think you did!!! See ya soon!!!!!

Rachel Mead said...

Where did you ever find a cake like that! I love it. And before I forget, which obviously I did, Happy Belated!