Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lots to tell you all about...

First of all, my laptop is officially trash :( Good news - it was the motherboard and not my hard drive so I should be able to retrieve all my photos. I did have most of them backed up on an external hard drive. Now we are shopping for a new laptop.

The easiest way to do this is to go day by day....


Sept 12 - Blank Park Zoo with our friends

Ryan and two of his best buddies - Aiden and Mason

Sept 13/14 - 2nd Annual Family Weekend!

This year we stayed at Adventureland Inn in Altoona. We visited The Science Center, went to Adventureland and of course did lots of swimming is the awesome pools at the hotel. It was pretty cold at Adventureland. I don't think it hit 60 degrees. But the boys still wanted to do the water rides. We didn't check out the new waterpark within Adventureland. Maybe next year. Ryan did ride the Tornado though. He didn't really like it. It had to be scary for a 4 year old. I found out that I am not young anymore. I am so over the rollercoaster!

We had a GREAT weekend. I am already looking forward to next year.

Here is a slide show of our weekend!
Click to play Family Weekend

Sept 19 - Picket Fence Creamery Tour and Thomas the Train

Our playgroup toured a dairy farm. It was a nice little tour. I even learned a few things. We went to Picket Fence Creamery in Woodward, IA. Ben prefers me to buy Picket Fence milk so I enjoyed touring where our milk is produced. They produce all natural dairy items. Just tastes so much better. Worth the extra money we have to pay for it.

I really like this photo

The kids waiting for their ice cream cone

After the creamery we went straight to Thomas the Train in Boone. I worried that Ryan might be a little too old for Thomas this year and I was right. He was much more interested in the real trains that continually passed by across the road. We had fun spending time with Jenn, Jack and Maddy though. It was a perfect weather day so we just enjoyed the day no matter what we were doing.


Sept 22 - Soccer

2008 Soccer Team

We went to supper at a friends house after soccer. This is the first attempt at a photo.

Second attempt

(AJ, Aiden, Ryan, Natalie, Cainan, and Treyton)

Sept 26-28 Homecoming, Class Reunion and Bridal Shower

I can't believe I graduated high school 10 YEARS AGO. It doesn't seem like it could be 10 years already. Ryan and I were in Washington for the festivities. Ben wasn't able to join us because of field work. Friday we rode in the homecoming parade. That night I took Ry to the homecoming football game. On Saturday, we went to the family park playdate as part of the reunion. It was really neat to see all the kids. Some of those kids look exact like their parent. Saturday, I went to dinner and drinks at a Mexican Restaurant then our for drinks at a local bar. I counted 61 classmates that attended some part of the reunion. We had 120 in our class so half is a pretty good turn out. I had my camera with me but I didn't take any pictures. I guess I was to busy socializing. I had a really great evening. I realized that I really miss some of my friends from high school that I have lost contact with. But truly appreciate the friends that have remained some of my best friends as adults.

Riding on the float with some of my classmates and their kids

Friday night football game

Ryan and Myles trying out the remote control boat Ry got for his birthday

To end the weekend, I hosted a bridal shower for my cousin Wendy. She got married this last weekend which I will post about later.

So that updates you through the end of Sept. I will get to October very soon!

1 comment:

The Nikkels said...

LOVE your new layout.. i'm need some coaching on how to make mine look better!!!

and did i see a HAWKEYE hat on ryan?!?!?! :):) he does look good in that hawkeye gold!!

great pics leslie!!!!