Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter - a bit late!

I have been a slacker! I can't believe I haven't posted in over two weeks.

I love celebrating holidays with a young child. They have so much fun. We dyed Easter eggs the day before Easter. Ryan pretty much did it all by himself.



On Easter morning Ryan woke up and searched for his Easter basket (the Easter bunny always hides the basket and eggs). To a three year old who loves to play hide-n-seek, it was a blast trying to find his basket. Then we went to Brad/Donna's for Easter lunch. We had a wonderful meal and a wonderful visit with Ben's grandma and great aunt. We hope everyone had a memorable Easter and remembered the meaning behind Easter Sunday.

Oh, gotta tell you a cute story. First, let me tell you that Ryan doesn't get candy very often. He asked if he could have a bunny shaped Milky Way that he got in his Easter basket from grandma. I let him since it was Easter. He took one bite and exclaimed, "This is the BEST thing I have ever tasted!!!!!" I had to laugh. Then it occured to me that I don't think he has ever had a candy bar. No wonder the kid was so excited.

No comments: