Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lots of stuff to blog about

First of all....my baby boy!! Ryan finished his first year of preschool. On Monday night, we went to Ryan's preschool program. All of the preschool classes joined together for 30 minutes of singing and then presentation of preschool diplomas. I am a very proud mama because Ryan did an excellent, prefect, magnificent, super job at his program. He stood up with 75 other 3/4/5 year olds in front of a packed church and sang, behaved wonderfully, did the motions for each song, paid attention to his teacher and waited patiently for his diploma. Of course, I didn't expect anything less of him but I think every parent has a secret fear that their child will be the one who is disruptive, doesn't pay attention, and misbehaves through the whole program. There were a couple of kids who were being naughty but not Ryan. Ben and I were 20 minutes early for the program, the church sanctuary was already packed so we had to sit up in the balcony. Ryan found us though. But our seating arrangements explain why my pictures aren't very well. I am just lucky I had my zoom lens otherwise I wouldn't have gotten any decent pictures of him.
Ryan is waving at us

Group shot: Ryan is the 4th child in the second row from the top

Ryan and his friend Curtis

Ryan with Grandma Donna and Grandpa Brad
Ryan with Nana and Papa (my grandparents) - We appreciate them coming from southeast Iowa to support Ryan in his first school program

On Wednesday was Ryan's end of the year preschool picnic. We played at the park, rode the carousel and ate a picnic lunch. 2007-2008 school year is officially over.


These boys really had this seat thing a'spinning

Ryan's first day school - Sept 2007

Last day of school - May 2008 During my grandparents visit Papa put a floor on the tower unit of Ryan's swing set. Ryan and Papa were discussing their plan for the floor.
OH the fieldwork. What an awful spring. The rain just kept coming. Ben got in the fields one day during the first week of May, two days during the second week of May then finally last week got everything planted. Ryan helped out almost everyday. He chose to do fieldwork over going to the zoo with friends. Must be a true farm boy.

AND here is Ryan today...SICK SICK SICK!! He woke up around 5am with a fever and throwing up. It has lasted all day. We cancelled all of plans for today and tomorrow in hopes to get Ryan feeling better by this weekend.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Poor guy :( I hope he feels better soon!

Congrats on your first year Ryan! Those pictures show just how much they grow in such a short amount of time, he looks so much more grown up. Did you start him in preschool at 3?? I have NO idea when to start Savannah :\

Kruger Family said...

poor ryan! he looks totally exhausted. hope he feels better soon.

jmason said...

Great pics!! I can't believe how much Ryan changed from the 1st day pic to the last day pic! He always looks like he has so much fun working in the fields :)

Anonymous said...

You can tell Ben that we had a blue planter for about four years...just like the one in your picture. That should make him feel a little better about our machinery:)

Airna said...

Congrats Ryan! I hope he is feeling better. It is non fun being sick.

The Nikkels said...

look at the little boy growing up before our eyes!! farmer ryan looks right at home on that planter!! :) hope he is feeling better and ya'll had a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the fall publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=wordweb pro 5.2 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg