Friday, May 30, 2008

Too much rain

We got about 5 inches of rain in less than 24 hours. Ben thinks he will have to replant at least 80 acres of crops. Please....no more rain!! Our ground is already very saturated.
Our backyard

Our ditch which rarely gets water in it and our field across the road

Our field behind the shed


We had a stroller walk scheduled for playgroup today. We were suppose to meet by the playground at Brookside Park....

A pavilion at Brookside This is the entrance to Brookside. 6th street was closed so I had to park up the road and walk down to the flooded area. I had no idea that the park would be completely flooded when we got there. This is Aiden putting his hands in the water. I went to the stroller walk without Ryan because he was with Ben picking up the calves from the sale barn in Denison. After the park, I thought I would go to Sam's Club. NOPE, Duff Ave is covered in water along with most of the southeast side of Ames. Of course, I had to pull over and take pictures.Not going to Target either...

Why not have fun in the flooded yard. Kind of fun having a swimming pool in the backyard. He swam for about 5 minutes before figuring out there were worms everywhere! Ok, well let's pick up worms for fishing. Ben went and got a bucket. We could have gotten several dozen fishing worms but they just picked up two dozen or so. Jake wanted in on the fun. Classic situation of boys will be boys.

4 comments:

Lee, Chrissy, & Brody said...

Wow! I didn't realize Ames was flooded that bad! Looks like Ryan had fun! Have a great weekend! :)

Tiffany said...

I saw on the news that they had closed down Duff, that picture at the playground is incredible.

I'll pray you're able to salvage as many crops as possible. My Dad and Grandpa used to farm so I know how unbelievably frustrating that can be!

Airna said...

Our beloved Target! Where am I going to shop now! I had a lot of trouble getting home yesterday. Every direction I went it was blocked off! I did eventually get there. I hope it stays nice and dry next week so you guys can get your fields replanted!

The Nikkels said...

WOW!!! awesome pics leslie!!!!