Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A weekend full of parties

As I posted in the last blog, Ryan was pretty sick last Thursday. On Friday his temp was normal and he seemed to be feeling better. Still not the typical Ryan but good enough to go to Washington on Saturday.
So Saturday morning we got all pack up and left for the weekend. Our first stop was Warren's birthday party in Ames. As part of the party we went to Lowe's so Ryan could attend their Build and Grow workshop. He built a planter box and planted a sunflower. Then we went to the party and had a yummy lunch with cake as dessert. It was a little chilly but we survived.
Building his planter box with help from dad
Warren blowing out his candles
Next stop was a graduation party in Washington. My cousin graduated and will be attending Wartburg College in the fall. I should add that my other cousin, Jereyl, who graduated from Grinnell will be attending Iowa State (YAY!!). I forgot to mention that in my other post. Ryan had a blast playing with all the little boys at the graduation party. They were all sweating up a storm at the end of the night. I didn't take my camera so no photos at this party.

On Sunday, we went to my grandma's house for my cousin, Peri's, 11th birthday party. My aunt/uncle and 3 cousins live in southern MO so it was really great to see them. We only see them a couple times a year.

Peri and her cake that she made all by herself
Ryan and my cousin, Katie The three youngest kids on my mom's side of the family
Payton, Clay, Peri, Jax and Ryan

Last party of the weekend was my niece's 2nd birthday at Dad/Mardi's pond. Izzy is one the most adorable little girls that I know, such a sweet personality. We had Elmo cake, did a little fishing, the boys had a squirt gun fight, examined a snake and then Ryan got sick again. We spent the rest of the night inside relaxing.


The boys having a water fight

squirting the dead snake

Oh Izzy, she had to touch the snake

Ryan is getting sick. In this picture he is literally minutes from throwing up. NO FUN!

On Monday morning, Ben and Dad went to Illnois to pick up a set of tractor fenders. Mardi stayed home with Ryan while I went to breakfast with my grandparents then stopped at the cementary to visit my mom's gravesite. It always makes me sad to go there because all the memories flood my mind but it is important for me to pay my respect to my precious mom and when I leave I am always glad I went.

Ryan is helping Papa put up a fence around the sweet potatoes Saying good-bye to grandma Mardi. Grandma is not looking very cool with a big ole red hat on but she is safe from the sun!

We got home at 9pm on Monday. What a weekend! We had a nice weekend but we were happy to be home. Now, hopefully we can get Ryan feeling better again.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That cake in the toolbox is so cool! What a creative idea, I'm limited to the ol' character cake pans and piping bag :)