Friday, November 28, 2008

A few fun things.

The Holiday Season is officially HERE! The first Christmas song I heard on the radio was on Nov 12. So early! We received our first Christmas card today. I love the Christmas card part of the holidays. We went to Ames the other night, lots of Christmas lights up.

Our Thanksgiving was nice and relaxing, for me at least. My mother in law is a diva in the kitchen so I don't even attempt to cook. We had lots of homemade food - turkey, real mashed potatoes, scalloped corn, cranberry sauce, squash soup, sweet potatoes, cabbage salad and 4 different pies even homemade whipped cream for the pie. I remember a quote.... Happiness is Homemade. Absolutely!

What have we been up too?
At a recent playdate, the kids made these really cute bear cookies. My fellow mom, Kelly, is so creative! Thanks to Katelyn and Ian for sharing their home and toys with us.



Isn't Ry's shirt cute? It has horse shoes all over it. That was suppose to be his horseback riding shirt but grandpa never got around to getting a horse out to ride this year :( I sure wish I knew how to ride horses or even saddle a horse.


Science Center: Ryan still loves the Science Center

Ryan and Mason trying to make BIG bubbles



Jack has it figured out



Jack and Ryan in the Robots simulator



Mason and Ryan watching their friend Aiden assist in a science experience



Aiden and Ryan riding the escalator


Disney On Ice: What a great show! Ryan and I both loved it. Here are just a few of the character we saw on the ice. We have so much fun at these shows.

Nemo and Dori


Of course, Mickey!



Simba and Nala from Loin King



A bunch of princess' in the ending act



Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story



Beautiful fireworks at the end of the show


I let Ry have one special treat during the show. He picked the snow cone in a shark.



Our friends!
Annie and Kalie
Ryan and I
Anna, Treyton and Cainan
Lisa and Mason
Natalie, Aiden and Erin
Marcie and Jaden


A fun little tidbit - See Marcie up there in the back right corner holding her 2.5 year old daughter, Jaden?? At the time of the photo she was pregnant with her second child, due Dec 3. We left the show around 9pm and Marcie had the baby 4.5 hours later. All I can say is WOW! No, she wasn't in labor during the show. Again, welcome to the world Avery Lynne!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I haven't checked your blog in ages - I love the new design... very festive and easier to read, from my computer anyway.

Mom is a "diva in the kitchen!" LOL - that's cute. You WILL be a dive in the kitchen someday too! :)