Wednesday, November 5, 2008

October has come to an end

Before we get into more Halloween activities...I had a great 29th birthday. Ben and Ryan took me to lunch after I picked out my new laptop. Ben says the laptop is my present but I just think it was good timing because I was going to get a new laptop whether it was my birthday or not. Whichever, I am glad to have a laptop again. That night we went to supper at Brad and Donna's. Donna made one of my favorite meals...Jalapeno Beef Stew.
Thanks for the phone calls, emails and gifts.


Halloween Event #3 - Playgroup Halloween Party at Black's Farm
Black's Farm was a neat little place. Our party was in a rustic cabin which was okay for a Halloween party. We went on a hayrack ride, Ryan rode a pony and fed the animals.

Ryan and Natalie on the bouncy pumpkins


Ryan is riding the pony named Dixie


The whole group on what they call a hayrack ride - looks more like a trolley

Ryan and Treyton posing in the pumpkins

#4 - Living History Farms: Family Halloween
This is my favorite Halloween activity. We have taken Ryan for the last 3 years. We walk around the farm gathering candy, take a hayrack ride behind some massive horses (can't remember the name of the horses but they look like Clydesdales), roast marshmallows, eat popcorn and just enjoy the outdoors.

Ryan the firefighter on duty


We were there with a bunch of friends
(Aiden, Ryan, AJ, Treyton, Natalie, Cainan and Aubrey)


Everyone on the hayrack ride

#5 - Preschool Costume Party

#6 - Trick or Treating on Halloween Night!


Ryan with Great Grandma - we like to go down to Ames to trick or treat at great grandma's house. From there we make our way around her neighborhood.

Here is something fun.....the last 4 Halloweens!

8 weeks old



14 months old




2 years old



3 years old



4 years old

We have never gone to as stuff as we did this year. Ben asked me why I feel the need to go to EVERY Halloween activity that is available. It got me thinking....I guess I subconsciously know that winter is right around the corner so this is kind of like the last hoorah before we hunker down for 5 months. Gotta make the most of it. Plus Ryan loves it as much as I do.

1 comment:

The Nikkels said...

love all the pictures.. looks like you did have a great halloween!!! i agree, winter can be long, so always nice to get out while its nice!!!!!